- For each abstract submitted, one thematic area that best describe the contents of the contribution must be specified. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to assign thematic categories as necessary.
- All abstracts will be subjected to peer-review, coordinated by the Technical Committee.
- Original work that has not been published or accepted for presentation elsewhere is preferred.
- The criteria for evaluating abstracts include but are not limited to the following:
- Clarity of abstract
- Alignment with the Conference theme/s
- Relevance to practice
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstract should not exceed 250 words.
- The title should be brief and clearly indicate the contents of the abstract.
- Use standard abbreviations and symbols. Keep abbreviations to a minimum and define each one when it is used for the first time. Do not include any figures or tables in abstracts, and do not submit attachments, slides, or any reference materials with the abstracts.
- Please write the abstract with a word-processing program, check spelling and grammar, proofread carefully, copy and paste it into the form. Choose appropriate thematic areas and topics from the list provided. Abstracts cannot be modified (in their authorship, title and contents) after the deadline for abstract submission.
- Things to consider including when writing the abstract:
- Statement of the purpose of the presentation
- Brief mention of the Methodology
- Summary of the results obtained
- Brief reflection on theoretical, methodological, and ethical implications.
- Keywords (Maximum 6)
Please submit your abstract here by 30/04/2018.
Notification of Outcome
- The authors will be notified regarding the abstract acceptance by May 5th 2018. Authors of the accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full paper using the full paper template by June 15th 2018. This paper will be blind reviewed. Authors of accepted papers will be invited to present their paper at the conference – as either an oral or poster presentation. Please note that the Technical Committee reserves the right to change submissions for oral presentations to posters, rather than refusing abstracts, depending on the number, theme, and quality of submissions. Accepted papers will be published in “Procedia Manufacturing”, an international open access journal by Elsevier.
Terms and Conditions
- Presenting authors must register by September 5th 2018.
- Failure to register may result in the paper being removed from the Conference program.
- The acceptance of abstracts by the Technical Committee does not imply any financial assistance or fee deduction.
- The Conference organisers reserve the right to allocate accepted papers into sessions as they see fit in accordance with the overall program objectives.
- The decision of the Conference organisers is final.